I’m going to make this soup today. It’s a heartly , low calorie meal which is high in fiber and protein. Perfect for cozying up to the fire.
- 6 cups chicken broth or turkey broth
- 1 to 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery, stalks, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (about 2 teaspoons dried)
Combine broth, turkey, barley, onion, celery, carrots, bay leaf, thyme, marjoram, black pepper and parsley in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours, or simmer over low heat on the stovetop for 1 hour, or until the carrots are tender and the barley is soft.
Serves 4 to 6